Please help me fix my chili :-(

I was low on grocery's but had what looked like the ingredents for chili. Pinto beans, canned diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chili pepper is what the recipe online said to put in to it.

Made it, but it has no flavor at all. Taste like I just threw a few tomatoes into some plan pinto beans.

Is there anyway to save this or fix it? kinda desperate. I have tons of spices, I have a can of corn I think I can throw in there too, don't know.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• add lots of chili powder and paprika to make it taste more "chili-ey" i love kidney beans or chili beans in my chili too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• How about some meat?
    And like PP said, lots of chili powder.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh, and let it simmer for a long time, like 1-2 hours, being sure to stir it every so often so it doesn't burn or stick.
    Candi1024

• red pepper flakes will give it some spiciness too! just add and taste, don't go toooo heavy! good luck!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• lol, another thing, if you have any tomatoe paste that will help to thicken it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ketchup or bbq sauce and spices
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Cumin. People always think chili powder, but it's cumin that really gives it the flavor that differentiates it from other Mexican food.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i agree, cumin is a good addition too. my husband's grandma uses it in her black beans and rice and its sooo good!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• cumin
    diced garlic
    masa
    chili powder

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Contrary to the name of the dish, cumin is actually the main spice flavor note in chili. You also need tomato paste. It gives the chili the richness you need - it won't taste the same without it. Also, just a personal opinion, but I think kidney beans are much better than pinto beans.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 11:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2011