Cheaper by the half dozen??

I had two sons before I met my husband we have three together bringing our total to five. My sister works overnight shifts so we get to have our niece who is three weeks younger than our youngest spend the night five nights out of the week. Theres our half dozen. My husband has allways wanted a big family. I told him he would probably get three babies from me and that I didnt think I could do anymore. Its hard being pregnant and taking care of all that comes with it. Sheesh. But he still wants more babies. Honestly if I won the lottery tomorrow and could afford to stay home with the kids I would do it in a heartbeat. But I also have to work. Also since Im over thirty Im concidered a high risk pregnancy now. I just dont think I have it in me for one more...Any thoughts, feedback, suggestions would be helpful.

mashonad07

Asked by mashonad07 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You know your body better than anyone. If you feel like you can't go through another pregancy then don't.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have 5 and my husband and I decided that's enough. I am able to stay at home, but it's nice to occasionally have some one on one time with each of them and if I had any more I don't feel like I would have the time (or energy!) to do that.

Answer by missanc at 5:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am about to have my 7th baby come monday :) I enjoy having all of them , they truly are a gift from above , but does take alot out of you to carry them during pregnancy and then to manage them all afterwards , but so worth it :) and like she said above you know your body and weather or not you can carry again , i believe my body is about done also lol , and i am able to stay at home with mine also , and that makes a difference also. I hope you find the answer your looking for , and good luck to you and your family weather you make a bigger one or not :)
    1momof6

Answer by 1momof6 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Being over 30 doesn't automatically make you high risk. I am 39 and pregnant and not considered high risk at all. My doctor factors health and many other things. Some doctors do arbitrarily say a woman is high risk. I am so glad I have a doctor who doesn't practice one size fits all medicine. The fact you have 5 between you is more than enough reason to say no though.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would like to work from home so I can be a little more available for the five I have now. Anyhoo thank you for your feedback. :0)
    mashonad07

Comment by mashonad07 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011