WIC question

If you sign up for WIC but your child is lactose intolerant, can you get soy milk instead? I am thinking about signing up but if they don't do that then it's really not worth it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes they will give you checks you checks for soy milk.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I want to say yes.... you can call the wic office or look on the back of your folder...
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes - I know when I was on it several years ago they asked if my dr could drink milk.

Answer by missanc at 4:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yes, they will adjust your vouchers once a note from your babies pediatrition is produce stating they have to be on a particular type of milk.
    minivanmom07

Answer by minivanmom07 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• wow that sounded kinda snooty of me when I said it wasn't worth it if not lol. I just meant that the WIC office is 30 min away and to go once every couple of months when we couldn't use the milk probably would cost in gas close to what we save on the other stuff
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You will need a doctors note I think.. they give the basics unless the doctor says you need something different.
    blessedmama0511

Answer by blessedmama0511 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• They'll give you Lactaid........they won't approve Soy.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It might depend on your state, i know different places have different rules. the best way to find out is to call. We live in AZ and you can get soy milk here.

happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• here you have to have a docs note to get anything special on wic. but you can get it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• YES! :) THEY DO
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 7:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011