Am i possibly pregnant?

i will try to make this as short as possible, so please bear with me. im a mother of a 3 yr old, so u would imagine when i get prego again i would know it. well, after my son i began taking depo in sept 2007, and recently stopped taking it jan 2011. i fianlly started my cycle and it was as normal as if id never taken depo before. my first cycle since ending depo ended and then 8 days later i bled again in a odd way. every morning from my first urination til around 12 or 1 that afternoon i would bleed then it would stop. this went on for 5 days straight then stopped. before this bleeding i wouldve started my next cycle on the 19th of june (3 days ago)...however i havent and ive had some of the oddest feelings in my abdomen/lower tummy that to me resemble prego feelings. ive tested and tested, and tested, but all negative. my partner and i have been ttc so is there a possiblity im pregnant and the home test isnt reading the hcg levels, or did that extra bleeding throw my cycle off and im not really "late"? please help!

minivanmom07

Asked by minivanmom07 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait a week and test again... or go in for blood work. That's the only way to tell what the deal is.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have no idea hun. I hate the effects depo has on people. People are all different and depo may last longer than 3 months. Good luck :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• it is possible that the last bleed threw off your cycle. Your best bet if you are really worried about it is go have a blood test done. Or wait a couple weeks and see if another test comes back positive.
    tankster

Answer by tankster at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• to meooma, that was the absolute stupidest answer ever. honestly. im not a child, i am well aware that sexual relations with a MALE will produce a child. but my excess bleeding and long continued use of depo is a BIG part of my bodys slow re-regulation. to the others, i appreciate your answers and have actually scheduled a serum draw and a u/a for tomoro morning and gonna see what happens.
    minivanmom07

Comment by minivanmom07 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have never been on the depo, but I assume that it keeps you from getting pregnant because it messes with your hormones. That is how most femal birth control works. It could be that your cycle is not regular yet because your hormone levels are still messed up. After I had my last son, in March, my cylce was messed up. I was breat feeding him, but he passed away on April 8th. I started bleeding 2 weeks after he past away, then 2 weeks later, then 2 weeks later again. And now I believe I am pregnant. However, my doctor said that my hormornes were probably out of wack because of all the stress and everything I was going through and that is why I kept bleeding every 2 weeks.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• to slick05, i told me nurse this morning at my appt about your post and she agrees with you. she believes my hormones are still outta whack and i may possibly be pregnant. she did the u/a first and the results were still negative just like all the home tests, but she insisted doing a serum draw (bloodwork) just to be sure. i explained to her all my changes in my body, the weird cravings, the "pregnant' sensations i have in my abdomen so she wanted to be sure as well, because not only is she my nurse, she is also my sunt, and family always knows whats best. i should expect results back by tuesday hopefully and will let everyone know wht they say :) fingers crossed that its what i hope it is, another bundle of joy on its way! :) feel free to continue to comment especially if youve been in these circumstances before, thanks!!!!
    minivanmom07

Comment by minivanmom07 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Well good luck to you. I guess I should say that I do know that I am pregnant. I have about 20 positive pregnancy test however, because of lossing my son I am very paranoid that something is going to go wrong. Good luck to you. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy, if you are pregnant.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011