Meal ideas

I know the classic sandwich ideas, but I'm looking for something new for my 13 month old DS. He hates purees, yogurts or anything like that...I think it's a texture thing. Anything good that you ladies make that is a hit?

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• scrambled eggs, veggie in rice, pasta, finely diced chicken, avacado, steamed veggies of any kind, basically anything you eat at this point (just cut up and softer). As for the yogurt/puree issue......try to freeze it like a popsicle and see if he likes it that way,
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• lentil soup and lentil curry, my son loves them! :)
    proud-mummy

Answer by proud-mummy at 6:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• OOO! I'll have to try lentil soup! Thanks proud-mummy!
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• macaroni and cheese (you can add in veggies and/or chicken), veggies to dip in ranch or peanut butter.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• frozen melon, it's great for teething also. raviolli type stuff if he chews good, the abc's are easy. toddlers arent supposed to have peanut butter or honey until after 2 yrs old. corn, peas & other vegatables. very tender meat (lightly seasoned with onion or something else thats natural) cut in small pieces (olive oil is a great tenderizer)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Actually mandielynn23, they are SUPPOSED to now. My doctor said the new research coming out that says if they aren't introduced to peanut butter around 1 there is an increased risk for allergies! I know, I know....crazy findings. I thought the exact same thing but my 13 month old LOVES peanut butter :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011