Maybe it's just me...

but does anyone else feel like the female doctors you see are a lot nicer than the males? we had my 39wk appointment this morning and it was my first time having one of the 2 male doctors that are in the office. he came in didn't introduce him self to us or ask if we had questions or concerns. checked my little guys heart beat really quick,, we hardly even got to hear it :( than sent us on our way. i thought it was pretty rude!

hopefully he's not the one on call when i go into labor!!!

pipsqueak01

Asked by pipsqueak01 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have a midwife, she makes it much more personal. I prefer women because they are much more gentle lol. Sorry the guy was a jerk :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Personally I would not have let him even touch me if he didn't introduce himself! You should have said something about hearing the heart beat as well. Hold him accountable.... you are after all "the customer" paying (even if it's via insurance) for his service!!

I only saw midwives... I never needed to see the Doc's... so I can't really say otherwise. Good Luck!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i've never seen the same person,, they all see the patients.. than send who ever is on call for the delivery! it sucks. i think the women care more as well!
    pipsqueak01

Comment by pipsqueak01 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Actually, yes, I had 4 bad male doctors, 1 pretty good female doctor, and now I've got a really, really nice male doctor.

I prefer men because I relate better to them and , but I hate being patronised. That has happened with both men and women though.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i should have said something,, i was just so frustrated.
    i went to the bathroom before i left and ended up pulling the toilet paper holder (one of the heavy plastic double ones) off the wall LOL,, i have no idea how... incredible hulk moment i guess :p
    pipsqueak01

Comment by pipsqueak01 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh Hun that Doctor had terrible bed side manor! Bless your heart.  I feel like the heart beat should of been yours to hear right after he got through listening!!  Or at least HE SHOULD OF asked you if you'd like to hear? If I was you, I would complain to someone. Call the Clinic tell them about your Check up visit with HIM, who he was and tell them YOU refuse to have him to deliver your baby no matter what, Even if he's on call! I feel bad you experienced that type of treatment from your Dr. for now on SPEAK UP DEAR~~~IT'S YOUR RIGHT!!!!

hugs

tlcawley

Answer by tlcawley at 5:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i told DF if he's on call when i go into labor i'm going to have the baby at home! but if he is the one i'll deff tell them to find someone else.
    pipsqueak01

Comment by pipsqueak01 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• For what it's worth, yeah it sounds like his bedside manner really sucked, but in the end do you want a touch-feely doctor or a competent doctor? It seems like a bit of an overreaction to say you'd ask the staff to find someone else to deliver your baby if he's the one on call.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 6:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• well ive only had males as my ob, my DDs doc was wonderful! but i was a long time patient of theirs, and now with my DS the younger of the two partners are very talkive,and patient with our questions,were as the older male is more like you described came in foudn the heartbeat and sent us on our way{which we too foudn to be rude}
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have never liked male doctors ~ they all seem cold and rude, even if they know what their talking about. I love my doc, she's GREAT!
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011