Have you ever seen or used Soft Paws for cats?

They are the little caps you can put on their claws and they are colorful. Wondering if it's even worth buying...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pets

• I've heard their great, but I didn't need to buy one because my cats are declawed!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I used them when we first got our cat. They're great. They do come off from time to time and it takes a few days for the cat to get used to them, but I'd definitely use them again. Much more humane than declawing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Cool...bc I think I will try them if my kitten starts clawing our furniture. I refuse to declaw her because its serious surgery and they have a need to scratch. I might try a scratch board first though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I used them for awhile. They come off after a few days but you just glue them back on. They look so cute...like you painted their nails. My cat is now declawed thoug and I sure don't miss the nails.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• my little asshole cat was able to pry them off his paws
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 5:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• never heard of them, but i will see about getting some sounds like something that we need
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I havent used them personally, but heard that some cats eat them off.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 5:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes. I had to use them with a cat that kept attacking my dog. They come off about once a month and fair warning if you use them continuously for several months the claw can become weak. Its best to let the nail grow out a bit to get strong again before reapplying. But if we ever had a cat again (Which Dh says never again), I'd use them.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We use them. They work better if you use nail glue with them instead of the glue they come with and you have to pinch them to let the glue go down into the claw cover itself. I love them, and the cat gets used to wearing them after a while and doesn't keep trying to chew them off.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have used them and they work very well. However, you need to keep track of them because they don't always pop off like they are supposed to, My cat April actually had one star growing into her pad. Thankfully, I caught it before it had actually gotten into the pad but I had to cut it off with nail clippers and it was close.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011