Are outlet malls really worth going to?

Do you really save money going to outlet malls? I have to buy school clothing for my kids this year, and have thought about going to outlet malls to shop. I'm wondering if I will save money by going, or would I just be better off going to the regular mall, hitting up the sales??

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 5:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• It's like everything else--if you know you're prices, you can get some good buys. But if you are gullible, you can be hoo-dooed!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• we love going to outlet malls for our childrens clothes, but... it has to be for under 1 yr. They usually have packs of clothes at carters which is a decent price (after a year they dont really have packs of clothes) .. but as for adult clothes i think its worth it sometimes.. but sometimes i feel like we buy more then what we really needed since it was "discounted"
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 5:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with NannyB
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I like shopping at Khol's but hey when you can get a good deal at those Outlet Malls grab it!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you know your prices and can compare, yes, you can find some good deals. I have found that, at least in many of the outlets where we live, the very best deals are for last season's styles or on "seconds" (items that were rejected for full retail sale because of some flaw, often not even noticeable to anybody except the company inspectors). Current season items tend to not be as good of a deal and, while cheaper than the regular price at a regular store, can often still be found cheaper on sale at a regular store. Bottom line, you have to know exactly what you are buying.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i don't think is worth it its the same thing they just make it seem like if its cheaper but i think its the same price its still expensive
    nena824

Answer by nena824 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We have to drive a long way to an outlet mall so the deals have to be super or we aren't saving anything.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i live here in las vegas where we have quite a few outlets and i say yes they are for the usually expensive store yes you can find some really great deals !
    LOVE2BE-A-MOM

Answer by LOVE2BE-A-MOM at 11:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes-if you know what you're shopping for-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not sure
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011