Lets have some nanny fun.

Seems every day someone somewhere decides to regulate or prohibit something that we have known to be a freedom for all of our lives. Has your town, state or country done this recently? Have you seen the consequences of these nanny state law?

I see Jack in the Box will discontinue putting toys in their children's meals. Makes about as much sense as giving the choice between fries and apples with caramel. Caramel? Sheesh.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Businesses owners in my town are now required to have lock boxes on the outside of all buildings this includes apartment buildings with 3 or more units. The fire chief made it very clear they will review and might require it on all rental houses and later on all homes. Many were upset because in a neighboring town lock boxes were being broken into and businesses and rental apartments were being robbed. I have no issue with the boxes just feel forcing anyone to put a lock box at their own expense is wrong. The city should pay for them if they are going to change the rules and require them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, that does make so much sense...eye rolling 

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We had McDonald's the other day and we asked for apple dippers. They said oh fries and apple dippers come with it now. We were like wth?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lord, now people will be ordering the fries with the caramel dipping sauce-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

I want to say that's disgusting, but I remember the days in jr high of letting the concrete milkshake thaw enough to dip fries in it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• but I remember the days in jr high of letting the concrete milkshake thaw enough to dip fries in it.

We use to dip ours in mayo- so healthy don't you think?

Off the top of my head- I can not think of a nanny law specific to CO-but I think its interesting you do not have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle but you have to wear a seat belt in a car here- and coaches have to wear a helmet on the ice in hockey during practice but can go get on their motorcycle after practice and zip down the highway sans helmet-

BTW- I am a helmet and seat belt fan-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• mm, caramel
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 6:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Milkshake and fries is AWESOME :P
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Milkshakes and fries - my fav as a teen ~

No big deal about the toys - the kids look at them for one second and it becomes just that much more detritus ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011