Any tips for hair coloring/highlighting?!?! what you think. i added photos lol

blondethis is my current color, auburnim not completely inexperienced when it comes to coloring my hair. I have done it several times over the years. From Blonde to Brunette, to Red, to copper red, to blonde highlighting and so on.. I like my hair blonder, but for my bf I went a auburn color. for some reason I am second guessing coloring it myself or maybe im not and Im just looking for the best way to get it blonde again doing it myself. I cant afford to go to a salon. I posted a pic of what I want it to be again and what it is now. Just looking for advice, perhaps from anyone who styles hair for a living:) thank you ladies

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Do you have a picture of when you were blonde???? Or Brunette?
    tlcawley

Answer by tlcawley at 6:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yes the blonde i was most recent is posted....:).
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• just get a box from te shop and do it yourself you sould be just fine i was just about to say was that you on the first pic! lol but yea dont be afread just get a box from the shop and do it your self that would look grate
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• lol yup that me.... totally different... ha only one yr ago... i miss it and ty
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• like the highlights A LOT better.. they make you look younger. although its hard to see what color it really is because one is done in natural light, the other in a room with artificial..

ugh!!! I hate when people suggest getting the dreaded B word.. unless you know what you are doing and putting on your hair.. box is sooo not the way to go.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why not do the darker auburn color and buy the garnier box of brush on blonde highlights? They're easy to do and you can pick it up at Walmart. Best of both worlds!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011