How can i get my husband to help around the house and with my baby? adult content

Need help with my husband he does not really help around the house he says since he works and i stay at home with the baby i should do all the mommy work, clean cook take care of the baby do laundry and still have time for him any suggestions?

nena824

Asked by nena824 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah. Tell him this is not the 50's. He needs to pitch in. Hand him the baby while you cook maybe.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i agree with pookiekins
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You need to just be direct. Tell him "These are the things I need some help with."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have him read this article!
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/16/pearlman.fathers.day/index.html
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have a 15 month old and I've been married for a lil over a yr and I still dnt knw how to do that, so when u find out plz let me knw...
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Tell him he works all day,,,you work all day with baby and other things...after all day...there is still more work to be done before the day is over for both of you (not just one), .and he needs to help! It takes 2 people to run a home and family efficiently not just one. Keep a running list of all you do everyday so you can show him how much there is to do(sometimes seeing is believing)....now....if you're on internet all day just watching baby and then want hubby to pitch in with daytime chores, dishes, laundry etc...I do see a problem with that because this is what a sahm does all day, housework like: dishes, laundry, cleaning, making up beds, ....he can help set table, help with dinner, bathe the baby, get baby ready for bed...heck yes, there is plenty he can do in evenings!!!!. GL!! I could think of more. Mow the lawn, wash the car, bathe the dog, LOL....
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Tell him if he doesn't start helping out around the house, on his day off, you will leave him with baby and all the household chores, and go have a "you" day (this is if baby is not breastfed and you cannot pump).

My husband did not realize how stressful I was (still am) till I left for a week to go to my grandma's funeral. I flew down, and I didn't pay for my ticket (when we got enough money, I was able to pay my friend back), so there was no way any of the kids could come with. He took a week of leave, and when I came home, I had even more respect from him for it!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• go on strike till he learns to communicate and compromise
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just talk to him and explain how much of a help it would be if he pitched in.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Give him chore list to do when he gets home. If he refuses than go on strike like Ms.Gwen said. He'll get the picture. I did see an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Debra listed everything she did and wrote out a bill to Raymond and it was a hefty amount of money if she got paid for what she did around the house. They were fighting about money or something. It was pretty clever. My philosophy is: If I cook it, you clean it, If I wash it, you fold it, If I feed it, you bathe it, and if I fill it, you take it out.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011