Day 2 sorry ladies!

Im completely in tears right now. I have grape sald dumped on my floor. my house is a wreck. Ive been trying to get on top of it, and my 14 mo doesnt get th word NO. Thankfully he is in bed. I HAD to skip bath tonight I am at my wits end.. he is teething molars so he is an absolute beasst right now! Please I need tips on how to keep sanity and get thru this beast phase!

kgrine

Asked by kgrine at 6:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Distraction works better than anything else. Cloves naturally numb the gums. You can boil some whole cloves like tea and strain it. Let it chill before giving it to him. I prefer this to ambesol cause its ok if he swallows it. Good luck!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have you tried the teething tablets? They help relieve the pain. Since the pain is relieved he is able to sleep.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• He has no problem sleeping, they just annoy him and it makes him whiny all day and he has this high pitched whine, he is going thru this extremely clingy phase.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Since it is beautiful right now try getting out of the house and do some exploring. He will be so amazed by all the new things that he is seeing and should forget the pain. I agree with the teething tabs they can be used during the day too just adjust the dosage if you notice he is getting sleepy. Have you thought about finding a helper so that you can relax or clean up and they can entertain your son? Just remember teething isn't forever and he will be his normal self in no time.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have a "helper" when I need her,( my MIL) but she has been sitting with my SFIL dad in the hospice center as he only has probably tonight left. Im just soo over stressed, my DH has been working a swing shift and his sisters have the own drama and could care less about teh pending death of "poppy". They only see their lives as a priority, so Ive been stuck with numerous kids with zero discipline, i mean while my kid doesnt get the word NO quite yet, these kids are all 3,4,5,3 Im just soo frustrated beyond belief.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Plus it has been raining alll week, so we really cant get outside much, unfortunately.
    kgrine