Extreme couponing

Ok, I'm hooked and facinated with the TV show Extreme Couponing. Anyone watch that show and know how they do it? I don' t get how they pay nothing for a 1k grocery bill. Amazing!

babylotus

Asked by babylotus at 7:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• Ok here it goes. In the perfect situation you would have a manufacturers coupon AND a store coupon for ONE item. If you plan it out well then you smack your coupons onto an item when it goes on SALE. You have to be really organized about it. Make sure you know stores' coupon policy, because they can vary. You can sign up on store and manufacturers websites for coupons, get ecoupons that download on your store cards, such as your kroger card or CVS card. With extreme couponing you buy multiple sunday papers to get more than just one copy of all the coupons. You can buy coupons on ebay and craigslist.....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 7:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Seen it! I do Couponing but not so Extreme. I go to Couponmom.com and mylitter.com. Also going to a local class this weekend. My niece tought me 4 yrs ago and I do use my coupons every time I go shopping. Today was a good day. $60 for $15.14.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I watch the show all the time and love it. I do use coupons and save about a hundred dollars each time I shop. I match the sales with my coupons. But I want to know is how they buy their meat and produce items since I can never find coupons for those items. Can anyone that reads this email me and help with this problem.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There are plenty of groups here that will teach you the legal and correct way to do what you see on that show (as opposed to the fraudulent and unrealistic way they stage it for tv)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have seen it a couple of times and cant figure it out. i dont do that much couponing but would like to learn.
    syida

Answer by syida at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The CIC is actually not happy with the way they portray things on the show.  It's fraud.  Even one of the local girls that was featured on the show told us it's not real in any way.  It's just a show.  With that being said, here is a post about what they have to say:  CIC

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sounds to good to be true.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree with the other posters and they have some good suggestions
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• As the title of the show suggests EXTREME couponing.

and just to throw out there, alot of those people have symptoms of hoarding.

anyway as to how it is done. I started couponing when I got divorced. I was working two jobs and money was tight. I bought the sunday papers at a local store, became friends with the lady who worked weekends. at midnight on sundays she pulled the coupons out of the papers before she bundled them for the person who picked them up to recycle them.

then i asked friends and co workers to save their unused coupons for me. when I was in grad school and my youngest went to headstart I started a coupon box. anyone could donate coupons and go thru and take what they wanted.

I watched the sale flyers (days before internet) and knew which stores did double coupons.

(cont)
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 12:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• One time I hit a store that doubled coupons up to 50 cents, but on this day they tripled coupons up to 50 cents. so a 50 cent coupon was worth 1.50

this store had a cereal on sale for .99 cents. I had 30 coupons for 50 cents. that meant this store paid me .51x30=15.30 to take the cereal out of the store. now they do not hand you cash, but it can be applied to the rest of your food items. so if i had say steak for 15.00, i would get that free.

0ne time I stopped at H*E*B near fort hood, texas coming back from houston. they had the tyson cooked chickens for .99 cents. I had 20 coupons for a dollar off. i bought 30 of these (froze most of them) only paid for 10. used them to make chicken salads, and alot of other things!

(cont)
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 12:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011