What keeps u calm when u feel like you've had all u can take?

3lilANGELS236

Asked by 3lilANGELS236 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hmmm i would like to know the anwser to this as well. i just posted something like this in a group of mine. i hope i get some anwsers soon
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Good luck I have 3 kids and my oldest is 3 so I get stressed daily
    3lilANGELS236

Comment by 3lilANGELS236 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i go for a walk.. or just cry.. makes me feel a little better =/ for the moment at least
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I guess this is suppose to be about your kids but when I am just sooo frustrated I cant take, I guess I look like I need a hug my almost 4 year old when come over and hug me, it just sets me off and I wanna cry, first cuz I'm mad and second cuz my son is just so darn sweet. He also started singing me really soft spoken sweet songs too. He will sing "I just love you so much, you are my family, you are alive, I just wanna hug you, I love you" I'm gunna cry right now, he has been gone with the in laws so I miss him pretty mad. We will get on the phone, like just a few ago we were saying things like ok I love you like a guy standing on your head, and then I love you like a motorcycle. Or whatever goofy things we can come up with. I have a great bond with him. I guess he is my sanity.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• alcohol, (JK)..... but actually your three year old is old enough to help you and you can teach her empathy. As her if you can borrow her lovey or another stuffed animal because you are tired and sad. I bet she'll give one right up. Tell her thank you and then tell her it would be even better if she gave you a tight hug and kiss. I was a single mom for a long time and my DS even at three would want me to feel better after a tough day, even if he caused it.

Alternatives are a walk when SO gets home or a movie instead of cleaning when nap time comes.... talk it out with a friend, mom, or DH. Adopt the hobby of reading, even fifiteen minutes of a good book will get you distracted from the stress. You know why? Because you are worried about the characters stress, and it lowers yours. Really.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011