Should I have my membranes stripped?

I'll be 38 wks on my next doc appt Tue June 28th. My doc and I talked about stripping my membranes vut Im not sure if I should. I would like to go natural. Im 4cm and 75% affaced but no more progress. no more contractions. What do you think I should do? Im having so much pelvic pain I can hardly walk.

What should I do to help my progress?

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just walk, and have sex if it's not painful.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• o hunny , i did that with my last pregnancy and it does work i went into labor that eveing and had baby by next morning but i will not lie to you , it hurts alot ! Good luck :) congrats
    1momof6

Answer by 1momof6 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just because you get your membranes stripped does not mean that you will go into labor. My friend went to the doctors every week for 3 weeks in a row before her due date and stripped her membranes every time but it did nothing. She ended up being induced a week after her due date. You still have 2 weeks left until your due date. Baby will come when its time.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had mine stripped with my 3rd baby, went into labor hours afterwards and had her that night. It sure worked for me.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Stripping membranes is not harmful but you sound like youre ready to go aanyway. Not sure why they would.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lots of sex and make sure he doesnt pull out because semen is our cervixs friend lol. Also, look up herbs to induce labor. Accupressure. spicy foods. go for a walk. Also, watch the movies 'born in America', and 'the business of being born' Very educational. After being induced once, and finding out what the drugs can do to me and my children, I can't understand why women let their doctors seduce them into the thoughts of induction. seduction of induction is what I call it. You are so achy and big and tired of being pregnant then they seduce you with the thought of giving birth and being done.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had it done and it didn't work. It was so painful and so not worth it. I was only 1cm and 20% effaced at 39 weeks though. If you're already at 4cm and 70% at 38 weeks that is pretty good and I think you'll go into labor naturally if you just give it a few more days.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had my membranes stripped at my 39 week appointment and I was 3 cm dilated at the time. I came home and started having contractions and had my baby the next morning. It is uncomfortable but may help speed things along.
    fergie92

Answer by fergie92 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No-- too risky.

*Stop checking your cervix for dilation and work on being more comfortable.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011