Any one else experince this ?

I am 38 weeks and 5 day s and am due to go in monday for induction but the dr. streched my cervix and said hopefully that will put me into labor on my own , i dont see it happing but was wondering if any one else has had this done and gone into labor , and sorry i forgot to mention i am dilated to a three and have been that way for a couple of weeks now. would like to go on my own .

1momof6

Asked by 1momof6 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Stretched or stripped? Did they strip your membranes or stretch your cervix?? I've never heard of stretching a cervix.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My doc talked about stripping me on my 38wk check up if I havent changed. Not sure if I want to. Im 4cm and 75% effaced.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• First of all, I would NEVER get induced again!!! Second, I would ask why they are inducing. Third, I would ask what drugs they will be useing and research the effect on my body and my child. Cytotec is very dangerous, it even says on the labels not to use on pregnant women. Pitocin, if your having a girl, will cause her to have contractions as well, also is possibly linked to autism. Have you seen the movies 'born in America' and 'the business of being born'? I would deffinately watch those before getting induced. You arent even full term yet and they want to just get the baby out. Thats rediculous. If your going to induce, look up natural induction. Look up herbs that help raise oxytocin levels and have lots of sex and get some accupressure done. Good luck, and do your research!
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• when i was preg with my now 3 yr old son, i went a week past my due date, and the docs did the same to me. in the end had to have a c-sec. this was because i was a smaller framed person at the time. i agree with MaKettle87, what is their reason for inducing you?
    minivanmom07

Answer by minivanmom07 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• well the reason they induce me is because i am a carrier for gbs and so they do it , to have time to run the antibotics through me , i have been induced with 5 of my 6 this is my 7th baby , no they did not stripp my membranes i had that done with my last , i know that works ! No he stretched my cervix never heard of that either .
    1momof6

Comment by 1momof6 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011