Do you pay full retail for your furniture and home decorations?

Here is a great article on avoiding costly decorating ~

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304474804576369724203273798.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_HomeNGarden

"So with some luck, a lot of restraint and an occasional competitive tussle, I've managed to inexpensively acquire pieces with names like Knoll, Ligne Roset, Dunbar and Herman Miller. Flea markets, thrift shops, antiques fairs, sample sales—I confess these all have an opiate effect. (I keep a log of my favorite spots and dealers.) Even the snootiest stores are open to quiet negotiation. See a slightly damaged showroom chair? Ask for a discount of at least 30% to take it away—right away, as opposed to waiting eight weeks for a custom order. A floor-model lamp? Shoot for a minimum 20% reduction. "

My favorites are scoring framed prints at bargain basement prices - right now I have a 3' x 3' professionally framed print by Michele Cascella (I love it!) that I got for $16 at Eco Thrift. 

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I need to read the article. I am getting ready to go couch shopping.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011