Leaking fluid?

I am 26 weeks +1 day and have noticed a few times now while walking around that my underwear is a little wet. It feels like I've started my period or that sensation you get when you've leaked through your tampon and when I go to the bathroom my underwear is wet. Its not soaked its like a 4 inch line about an inch wide of wetness. Could I be leaking fluid? I should also mention I've been having what feels like braxton hicks since about 10 or 12 weeks and some cramping here and there I've had 2 stress test this month one was yesterday and the dr said it looked like i had some uterin irritation and had atleast 1 real contraction during the test.

jaismama

Asked by jaismama at 7:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you're afraid youre leaking amniotic fluid you need to go in. That can cause an infection.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• im not going to medically give an answer on this, but a few people i know that are in the medical field will tell you that your secretions increase during pregnancy, it should be normal, but ask your ob/gyn :)
    minivanmom07

Answer by minivanmom07 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Im very juicy when Im pregnant as well. So bad, I even have excessive saliva and have to spit all the way up to about 16 wks or so. If you are concerned ask your midwife or OB. I wouldnt be too concerned, but deffinetely check it out if it gets worse. =) Also, it wont hurt to ask. =)
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yes i think you are! the same thing happened to me and i thought it was nothing and it end up being i was leaking amniotic fluid and they had to induce me because there was not enough fluid around the baby.

babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 8:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I really hope you are not leaking fluid, you are way to early to give birth...If i were you i would go and and get checked. They can swab you and check what ever it is coming out of you. Is it watery or kinda thick? Have you smelled it? Amniotic fluid doesnt have a smell to it. Good luck and keep us updated
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i didnt smell it so Imo not sure but i definitely felt like i had a few more contractions last night im going to go into l&d today and get checked out my dr told me to go straight there instead of calling the office if anything changed thanks everyone for the advice. i feel like im going crazy but this is my 3rd pregnancy and i never had any of this happen so early.
    jaismama

Comment by jaismama (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2011