Should I be worried,,,

I am 32wks today. I went to my OB and have only gained 1lb in the past month. 16 total weight gain up until now. they have another ultrasound scheduled in 3wks to check the size of my lil man. 2wks ago he was 3lbs 5oz...I dont understand why they would do another ultrasound so close to my delivery....Has this happened to anone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hun, it could go either way deoending on your medical history, just go ahead with your ultrasound of course and listen to the docs. i had unltrasounds every week up til the day my son was born so thats normal. goodluck
    minivanmom07

Answer by minivanmom07 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• it hasnt happened to me, but i am just guessing that they are wanting to check and see if he is gaining more in the next 3 weeks.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I wouldnt worry about weight too much. Im 20wks and have gained 9lbs. I refused ultrasounds during my pregnancy except the first one and 20wk because just like dopplers, they are not good for babies.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 3 lb 5 oz is a great size for 30 weeks. DS was born at 37 weeks and only weighed 3 lb 14 oz. I think they might want to check that your DS got most of the benefit of the 1 lb you gained. I know that I gained in fits and starts - not continuous throughout my pregnancies. BTW, I took DS home at 5 days old weighing his birth weight. He's 7 and you'd never know he started out so small.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well I am almost 37 weeks and I have only gained about 3 -5 lbs through out my whole pregnancy. They did an ultrasound on monday at my 36 week check up because of my lack of wieght gain. They told me that he weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was measuring at 39 weeks gestation. They just want to make sure that your baby is growing because some times they have growth problems and stop growing. I'm sure that everything will be alright. Try not to worry.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011