I think I'm bulimic

So I've been trying to lose weight for the last 4 months or so and I've noticed that when I have a "bad day", I purposely make myself throw up or I exercise like crazy. I don't know what to do about it. I'm afraid to say anything to anyone because of what they may think of me. Is this something that I can stop on my own or would it be best to ask for help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• In college I was, I did it cause it seemed as if I was in control....Is something bothering you maybe?
    austinpierce

Answer by austinpierce at 7:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you see your doctor maybe you can do it alone. I'd ask for the help oof someone you trust. Good luck sweetie.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know you dont want to let anyone know but isolating yourself and suffering in silence isnt the answer. The sooner you get support the better. If you don't get a hold of it now, it will only progress. Don't worry what others think...do what's best for yourself. I hope this helps.

Blog:www.FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Please talk to someone.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• @ austin: I am just tired of being fat but I have a really bad relationship with food. I have lost 38lbs but I still can't seem to shake the feeling that I always have to eat. I only lost the weight because I stopped eating much of anything for those 4 months.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know the journey which leads from here and it is one you don't want to go on. It is all up to you. A few things to remember, if you purge your food, your body saves fat. Your teeth will lose their enamel coat and although now they may be OK if you don't stop soon, down the road they will produce cavities on the tops of your teeth and your gums will recede, and it isn't pretty. The biggest thing is that only you and your thoughts can change this. Be aware of the obsession of self image. Throw away any scale and think of health, not weight. Get busy and follow your dreams, not your obsession. It will only get worse if you continue. Please feel free to add me as friend or PM me anytime. You couldn't shock me, I know how it works. You need to eliminate carbs, eat lean proteins and fresh fruit and veggies. Then you will keep muscle tone and lose. Good Luck
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Learn to love yourself just the way you are right now, give yourself rewards for success. Pamper yourself and get active with positive coping skills. This character defect of Bulemia is a very harsh, gross, wasteful and a sick disorder. Another bad thing is that you will stretch your stomach instead of shrink it. Binge, purge is not the way to lose weight. It will dehydrate your body which will bring about bloating. Please stop.... I am asking you as someone who was seriously controlled by this condition. It is not worth it. It is better to eat what you want in moderation. Get busty and do things different. Not sure if you can find one but a support group might be very helpful right now. Take Care of yourself !!! :-) Weight is just gravity, do not give it the power of controlling your life, existence and moods. Stay tough and fight.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We all get by better with the help of a friend. In your case, I think you can use help. Be brave, it's hard to face up to our weaknesses. Please talk to your doctor about this - before your dentist figures this out from what stomach acid does to teeth.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011