Do you have a garden?

Tyler_mom1996

Asked by Tyler_mom1996 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yep! my first garden! i was soooo proud of it, then it rained a whole bunch and the dogs kept getting in it. So now i'm working on bringing it back to life! it's starting to look good again!
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 8:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• This is the first year we haven't had some kind of garden. That's my hubby's forte and his health just doesn't allow for it anymore.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We do, this year we are growing 3 types of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, acorn squash, red, orange and green peppers, jalapenos, cauliflower, cucumbers, pumpkins and brussels sprouts. I also have an herb garden on the deck with rosemary, Italian parsley, mint and basil. Oh and a few flower gardens with dahlia's, zinnias and petunias. =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yes, a huge one, it is crucial for us - we could not survive with out it some years.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh, yes...I have a vegetable garden and a cutting garden and numerous flower & shrub beds, even a shade garden started this year. I love growing things!
    Next year, we start on the backyard which is huge and mostly in shade so...it will contain mostly shade loving plants. I absolutely LOVE Mammoth, Giant & regular Elephant Ears and also Caladiums mixed in with those in a shade garden. Color, interesting to the eye and hardly any care.
    I have tomatoes, jalapenos, habaneros, tabaso, bell, sweet & hot banana peppers, green beans, cucumbers, squash, & 6 varities of Gourds for hobbies. It's been fun!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Kelly ... Mammoth elephant ears? Interesting. I have only heard about the giant. My hubby's elephant ear plant leaves at one time measured over a two-feet across. He loves them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i try to lol, i usually kill things, but i try :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 12:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2011