How to get rid of ANTS!!!!!

I have ants, I need some help the RAID is getting expensive

mybabyslove

Asked by mybabyslove at 3:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• dawn dish soap and water half n half

jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 3:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You can also sprinkle cornmeal so if your kids accidently get into it, it won't hurt them. The ants can't digest it. I have also heard using tape if you know where they are coming in. I have never used it since I don't have ants.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 4:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I heard vinegar works?
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• SUGAR : JUST KIDDING. Baking soda or even some borax.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• just sprinkle salt wherever you think they are coming in, ex. like outside front door, windowsill, around the threshold inside front door. trust me, i had the same problem, now, there are NO ants, just use regular old salt!
    LizMonahan

Answer by LizMonahan at 12:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• use chalk dust. take chalk and heavily circle the area with ants..Ants hate the smell of chalk and will not come back as long as the chalk dust is there.
    sweetwhite30

Answer by sweetwhite30 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I tried the chalk thing.... it worked. One or two ants came through, but it took care of the "problem". I was curious so I sat there and watched them. They wouldn't go past that line. lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Does this same solution work for tiny red ants...I kid you not...I pulled my foreman grill out of our pantry and was going to use it to cook steaks...thousands of those b*tards came running around and I thought I was going to drop the thing...I sprayed them down with super hot water out of the kitchen faucet...and that seemed to work...plus I cooked the lot of them that were on the grill itself...not cause I wanted to (EWWWWWW) but I am lost as to what to do. They are in the bathroom floor, the pantry (where the animal food is) and now on my kitchen countertop..possibly behind it....
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008