Is it possible to forget to take out a tampon? (silly question but I have to ask)

I hope I did not forget but I can not help it I checked for a string but nothing then later that night me and my dh were having a night cap and I also took an ambien (I know I m not suppose to do that but it felt so right and besides I was going to bed) anyway The next day I couldn't remember if I took my tampon out.
Would I have felt sick if I did forget it?
Would it had bothered me I side while my dh and I had sex?
Help!
I feel fine but can't help not thinking I have one in me...lol It's kind of like that feeling you get when you leave the house for the weekend and you've already left home and can't help keep thinking if you brought this or that or turned off the coffee machine or feed the cat I mean the list goes on.
Thanks ladies for listening ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Health

• Ummm I am sure you could forget but I bet you would have figured that out during sex.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Ok just wanted to make sure so I would have felt it or felt weird right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I really think he would have felt that and I'd think you'd be in pain right now.... silly question, but why don't you check the garbage and try to remember how many times you changed it.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yeah I have those moments and thinking I haven't took the tampon out lol but if you actually had sex and all you should have pain, or he would have felt something is in your vajay and you prob would get sick by toxic being inside your body so long than it is suppose to be.
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• The smell would alert you
    This is why I stopped using them. I had to go fishing for it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• A couple weeks ago I left a tampon in. Never realized it. We had sex a lot of times and there was NO odor. Everythign seemed fine. I woke up with terrible cramps and proceeded to 'poop' out this tampon. I thought I had a parasite because my 'poop' was shredded like paper and looked CRAZY. It was a tampon. Nothing else happened, and I'm fine now, but it IS possible to forget.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I've forgotten before, and had sex and noticed nothing, as embarassing as that it lol. Admittedly I was hammered, and the guy was hammered (this was when i was like 18). I noticed nothing. The next day however when i realized what happened, I started to freak because the string had been shoved up in there too and I couldn't get it out! I just couldn't get a hold of it. I almost had to go to the dr. but luckily i got it out before having to experience that epic embaressment. lol
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Bear down. You'll find out if it in there or not!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2011