33 weeks 6/25/11 and sharp pain in my upper ribs

its been about a month in a half and ive had constant pain in my ribs, its like a sharp pinch feeling then other times it just hurts, my doc has told me he thinks her foot is in my ribs but nothing seems to help the pain go away, not pressing on it, changing my situation, sitting or standing, not even taking meds for it. what could this be cause it really hurts and its soo uncomfortable?

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would think exactly what the doc said...her foot is in your ribs and she is trying to kick....this happened with my daughter, in fact during my c-section the doc had to basically pry her foot out of them because it was stuck....she may have possible even cracked a rib, that is what my daughter did, and nothing helped me with the pain either....so hun, just hope she comes sooner rather than later.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• When i was pregnant with my son he constantly put his feet in my ribs and would kick and hit me in the ribs it caused my ribs to get injured from the inside out.I would just rub my belly and when i felt his foot i would rub it - it usually made it better.Or you could try to use a warm compress that might help too.I used to throw a towel in the drier and then lay it on my belly it made him relax and mellow out.
    wonderingmom641

Answer by wonderingmom641 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011