Anyone Ever have a blocked saliva gland/duct?

it's been about two weeks w worsening pain under my tongue thought it was a canker at first
So I've been living off anebasol and orajel.. Finally today my throat neck and mouth hurt so bad I saw my dentist. She massaged it in hopes to open the duct and referred me to an oral surgeon he took an x ray and no stones showed up luckily but my mouth was really white under my tongue which he said could be Burnt from overuse of orajel and anebasol or possibly Pre cancerous Very Scary!!!! He prescribed me penicillin, xylocaine rinse to numb it which works wonders and some pain med. I'm very scared now. Gona follow up in a week to see if the coloring goes away. And if not he wants to do a biopsy. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping maybe the massaging opened the duct up and got out whatever was blocking it and am praying for a miraculous recovery asap. If anyone has had this is it normal to feel aweful pain when moving your tongue to eat talk etc.... Is neck pain common? Thank you in advance!

Februarymom2009

Asked by Februarymom2009 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Health

• Not to that extent. My friends little boy had it once, his whole side of his face was swollen. She took him in and they told her heat and massage. And sure enough, a week or two later it was gone. Good luck.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I haven't, but I think the coloring will probably go away.And even if it's pre-cancerous tissue, they can remove it. It's PRE-cancerous, which just means that if ignored, it could potentially turn into cancer. But...you're getting it taken care of, so it won't. I hope you get well soon. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2011