What would you do if...???

Your are waiting to be servd at a restaurant. Fifteen minutes have gone by and you still haven't even received a glass of water.

JoyIsAnAttitude

Asked by JoyIsAnAttitude at 8:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• After working in food service for 8 years, and now being a restaurant manager, I know what customers can get away with. And I know what they have to say in order to get their way. So I'm definitely "that customer" and I'd make it very apparent that I was quite parched and that the customer service there is absolute crap.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 8:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It would depend on how busy the restaurant was, but if it was empty I would ask to speak to the manager and tell him that I am unhappy with my waitress and then go somewhere else. If it was busy I would attempt to find my server and remind her that I am still waiting and then I would wait a little longer before I leave.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would say something and then I would probably leave....I had a similar situation once. We got our drinks but over 30 minutes went by and we never got our pizza (the restaurant was basically empty except one family that came in after us and got their food before us). We said something to the waitress, finally after 15 more minutes she brought us something that we didn't order, she got pissed at us for sending it back. We went to the front said we would pay for our drinks but that was all, while we were paying our waitress was standing there saying what bitches we were...worst service ever!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Been there done that - but we DID get water, but no menus. We walked out and talked loudly about the bullshit service on our way out, and the next day I called the management and complained.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the situation.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would complain to the manager and I might leave and go elsewhere. Dending on how aggivated I was.
    Krystina_Grant

Answer by Krystina_Grant at 10:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• either get up and talk to the manager ( they should knock something off ) or just get up and leave
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd leave and go somewhere else. First, I'd have a brief and very blunt conversation with the manager.
    Michelle0805

Answer by Michelle0805 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Depends how badly I'd want to eat there...it would depend in my mood.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Leave
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2011