how do you set boundries with your ex?

my ex gets mad cause my bf doesnt want him around all the time....my ex thinks its ok for him to stay over night and come over when ever he wants. my ex also telling me he loves me misses me ect then gets pissed cause i dont say it back, and has a tisy fit when i tell my bf i love him.....advice please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• If he's throwing tantrums like a toddler because he's not getting his way, treat like a toddler, ignore, ignore, ignore!!!!! Don't talk to him unless it has to do with your kids(if you have any together. Don't talk about anything personal, point blank, period. He's your EX. It's none of his business. And he can only come over to your house to pick up your kids (if you have any together).
    If he is your ex and your dating someone else, he needs to become an irrelevant part of your life, and quick.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Tell him if he wants to remain friends, he needs to know what the limits are.
    1) He can only comes over when you and your bf gives the okay. Sleeping over is off limits.
    2) There is no talk about loving or missing each other.
    3) You will not talk about your bf to him until he is ready and realizes you're no longer with him.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i tried telling that he has schedule visits that work for both of us and that he cant just come over whenever he wants. but he gets mad and throws a tantrum. grr im just irritated and he needs to learn fast cause my boyfriend and i are talking about moving in together this summer...
    Anonymous

• being your ex he does not need to be over at your house that much, its not healthy for you or him, you will be able to see this later .
    rook289

Answer by rook289 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• That's why you need to get it to him that if he can't handle these limits, you can't stay friends. He needs to grow up or the friendship is over.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i know its not healthy for anyone and esp for the kids, they are confused as hell...i just flat out told him that what he is doing is not working...but he doesnt seem to get it....
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above nwdeserangel
    linwood

Answer by linwood at 9:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2008