Partil hystorectomy

I had a partial hystorectomy about 5 years ago and have been showing signs of being pregnant.Breast hurt,feeling wierd movements,and gaining weight-all in my belly it is hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry ladies you are incorrect.. Yes it is very possible to get pregnant after a partial as long as you still have ovaries you can still get pregnant.. It is called an abdominal pregnancy..

Here is just some of the article of many you can read up on...

If a woman has undergone a partial hysterectomy, the ovaries will continue to produce and release eggs. While most of the time the eggs are either reabsorbed by the body or fertilized and result in a self-abortion before the mother realizes she is pregnant, this is not always the case.

In very rare cases, a woman's body will allow the fertilized egg to attach to other organs in the abdomen or the walls of one the fallopian tubes. Once the egg has attached, the fetus will grow just as it would inside of the uterus. With the hormones in tact the fetus can and in some cases will survive undetected.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If there is not a uterus then where would the baby grow? I'm not bashing in anyway, please know that :) I am just curious.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 9:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• What parts did they take? No uterus,no babies

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have been told differently.As long as you produce eggs and are haveing sex it could happen is rare but can happen.I am looking for any woman who has had it happen and was curious as to what the outcome was.Pleas help?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You can't carry a child with no uterus. Where is the baby going to be? You could have a tubal,but that would result in needing an abortion

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• They said that the baby could attach to an organ or to the part of the tube that was left in.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There have been a few cases that a baby has developed outside of the uterus. The placenta has attached to other other organs. It is extremely rare and dangerous.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just google abdominal pregnancy or type the words pregnant without uterus.... It is very dangerous for the mother if it happens and the baby starts to develop..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Ok,I'm trying to understand this. Wouldn't your cervix be sewn up if there is no uterus there? They're not just going to leave a gaping hole in your abdomen. The sperm would have to travel through the empty space where the uterus was and meet up with an egg that would be floating around in that space

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011