Anyone else live on a military base?

I am so sick of reveille in the morning....it has trained my daughter that she must wake up before 7 am!!! I am almost always up @ this time, but mornings are when I like to relax with my coffee and enjoy some peace, but nope Sophie is always up by 7 am bc reveille has trained her to wake up.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh my... We are going to be living on base soon i dont think im ready for that because i am NOT a morning person and neither is my son
    luvmy2kids91

Answer by luvmy2kids91 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Put a fan in her room to muffle the noise.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't hear it in the morning, too much street noise by then, but I love hearing Taps at night.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 9:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I live on a Marine base and its a bit different. We are stationed at the biggest Marine base and there are mulitple base housing areas. There are 2 housing areas off the base (but still gated like the main base) and then housing also on the main base. We live in the housing that isn't on the main base and don't hear reveille.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I guess since we live to close to the "business side" of base we are closer to the loud speakers....we are moving farther into the housing area next week so I am hoping we can't hear it as loud, but I think the damage is done....almost 9 months of her hearing it. We don't have a fan in her room but we have this wall projector thingy that plays lullabyes and we keep it on all night for her, I think that she has just gotten used to it waking her up so now she just automatically wakes up, usually about 10 minutes before it plays.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am glad I live farther away from that. So, I can sleep in until I want to get up. But, my kids will sleep through anything.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011