Potty training

Out of the blue this afternoon, my near 25 month old daughter asked to go to the potty and actually peed! An hour later she asked again but stood up too soon and peed on the bathroom rug, lol.

Clearly she's getting ready for potty training, if not quite there yet, so my question is: should I start thinking about putting her in pull-ups during the day, or did you go right to underwear?

katiemomNY

Asked by katiemomNY at 9:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We went straight to underwear and did pull ups at night. I tried pull ups with my first son and he thought they were diapers that were just easier to take off. She he would pee in them and then take them off.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We did pullups for like 6 months until she understood the urges; now she (bella age 3) is in panties and still has accidents in the morning sometimes but is almost completely potty trained. We started her at 18 mos but she didn't understand and wouldn't go near the potty until she was 2, but she's a potty champion now!
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• oh sounds great?
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• def ready for potty training.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011