I've been trying to tell my friend I am pregnant...

for the past 2 weeks. I sent her a photo of my daughter wearing a "big sister" shirt saying "Lily's new shirt"

I got a text back that said "she is so cute!"

I have called and left messages for her to call me back every 3-4 days (no calls back)

I sent the photo of Lily in her shirt again this morning with the caption "Lily loves her new "big Sister" shirt"

no texts back.

I am wanting to post my pregnancy on facebook- but really want to let my friend know in person first. This is hard to do since she will not call me back or respond to my text...

oh well. Like so many things during pregnancy it is just annoying that I can't share this news with one of my favorite people in the world!!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• pregnant bellyAww Congrats and I hope you get ahold of her soon...

Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• maybe she thinks you are trying to rub it in her face, i bet she understood it the first time when she did comment. you could send her a text saying you wanted her to know first and you've been trying to get her to call you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Your friend is probably just really busy and/or distracted lately. If she is one of your best friends I'm sure she will be more than thrilled about your news. Perhaps your next message or text should be more specific like, "please call me asap, I have something very important/urgent to talk to you about." or "Is everything alright, I've been trying to tell you somehting very important for a few weeks now and can't seem to get a hold of you." I'm sure when you speak to her she'll actualy feel a little bad about not being there when you needed her 2 weeks ago. not that I wish that upon her, but putting myself in her shoes, that's probably how I would feel. Good luck!
    rmbmomof2

Answer by rmbmomof2 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i think she's not that interested and that is why she's avoiding you. i would just send a text and leave it at that then post the pics on FB shortely after.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• This is my third pregnancy. I guess she probably just doesn't care. She is not ttc and I don't think it's coming off as rubbing it in her face.
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• hehe send a picture of the prego test and then post on facebook she cant fuss at you for not trying
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Go ahead and post the wonderful news , I m sure she has figured it out by now :) CONGRATS
    Andreamarie76

Answer by Andreamarie76 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Post it on facebook u can tell her in person too
    confusedteen101

Answer by confusedteen101 at 4:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Congrats !! but did you find-out why your friend is actin this way ? maybe she got some probs !! or maybe she needs you more .... try to see how is she doing and tell her first if she's really a close freidn and post it on FB ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Lily likes her big sister shirt?
    Can't U simply text her that you're pregnant!
    Anonymous