Friend I having a hard time ttc...

She has a almost 3yo ds but she has been trying to get pregnant again for yrs now. She ha gone thru 2 miscarriages but technically they aren't. She has the sac but there's no baby inside so twice now they have to remove it thru surgery. Poor thing, I'm sad for her. She told me that she depressed about it and so I her DH. How can I help her with this? Can I even help at all??

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 9:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Just try conforting her and let her know that if God wants her to have a baby he will make it happen. Sometimes after a miscarriage and you have to have a D&C its hard to conceive. Good luck to her.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Other than being a supportive friend, there isn't much you can do.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Blighted ovum. My friend went through this, too. Just be there to talk if she needs it.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am sorry to hear about your friend having trouble TTC. I don't think there is much you can say to help her. Listening is good though and I implore you to not tell her that if God wants her to have a baby he will make it happen. It sets her up to think she is doing something wrong or would be a bad mother etc. I also would stay away from telling her to be thankful she has one etc. I would also not ask her questions about fertility treatments or ask her if she has taken a pregnancy test lately etc. She will mention those details if she wants too. Here is a link to a blog that has some suggestions about the topic http://blogs.fertilitycommunity.com/weblogs/7-things-to-say-7-things-not-to-say

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011