Oops

I just moved in with my boyfriend. Before I lived here he had a roommate. I am not one to get anyone in trouble. But it's 10pm and someone is pounding on the door. It's a probation officer and cop. Looking for the old roommate. I said he wasn't here. They kept asking questions. Finally they asked when I last saw him. Two weeks ago. Was he driving? Idk. He says it looks like you have something you want to say. No not really... those guns are kinda scary. Then he goes on to tell me he has lots of issues and he doesn't need to be drinking and doing drugs and driving. I didn't even know the guy did. They ask to talk to my boyfriend who isn't here. I said, look I thought he moved out, but he got some mail here so maybe he didn't, Idk. I don't want to lie to them, but I don't want this guy to get in a ton of trouble for not reporting his move.
Freaked me out... I didn't know probation officers did home visits this late at night. I'm just hoping I don't get in trouble for being more accurate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• nope, they might come back for more questions but your not even involved with it so they cant pin you for anything. Arent probation officers all about surprises? its like your suppose to wait 24-7 by the phone if they call?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You should tell the truth. It isn't your responsibility to make sure he doesn't get into trouble. It is HIS and only HIS. Yes, PO's and officers do make calls late at night. They can come at any time and they can make him drop a UA at anytime. Stop covering for him if you are and let him deal with the consequences of his actions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Did he show you any identification?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 10:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Perhaps the cops were looking for him because he did something to violate his probation. Even so, it's not your issue so you should tell the truth. You'll get in trouble if you lie for him or hide info and they find out.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Maybe I should call them tomorrow!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well he did say, I guess I will wait for him to come in for his visit and see what he has to say. I said do you want me to tell him you were here? He said, no I like the element of surprise. Okay... Please don't come back because you scare me a little. They didn't look like what I would think a probation officer would look like. LOL Guess I have in my mind they are all dressed up and preppy looking. This guy looked like a stoner hippy guy and he was big.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No but they were in a city cop car, the cop had a name plate on and the probation officer looked like he had SWAT gear on, only it said probation.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Tell the truth bc if they find out you are lying for him or not telling the whole truth you could be in trouble. he has to report when he moves and things like that so he could go back to jail.
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• just say "what, what do you want, i don't know anything"
    stop caring so much! i'd be like...excuse me, your wasting my precious time (life is short) and here they are asking you questions when you have nothing to do with it. it's rude of the cops...even tho it IS their job
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2011