How to fix her screaming?

So pretty often around 8 my 16 week old daughter screams A LOT! I try to feed her breastmilk and you can tell she wants to eat but i think her tummy gets upset. She pulls away and screams no matter what position. Its only at night. After letting her scream it out for 20-40 mins I try to feed her again and she calms down. Anyone know how i can try to fix this without having to have her scream thank long and hard? It breaks my heart!

JenniD1

Asked by JenniD1 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gripe Water...sounds like she has colic.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just keep calming her, rocking her, try a warm bath. It just may be her crabby or fussy time. She'll probably outgrow it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My daughter cried (not screamed) a lot in the evening when she was a baby---it was called COLIC and the only way was to be patient and let time take care of it. EVentually a baby's digestive system matures and functions well and the crying goes away.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Definitely sounds like colic. Our oldest daughter had it at night from like 6pm to sometimes 3 am, it was crazy. Then eventally she grew out of it (we didn't know about gripe water lol)
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Maybe she has gas or maybe she got thresh mouth.
    tabbe

Answer by tabbe at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Try a chiropractor, it sounds like colic...
    mamanature

Answer by mamanature at 10:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• try gas meds like tiny tummies make sure its ok w her doc 1st and find out what dose. i cant remember what i gave my son and what age cuz hes 20 months. good luck and just remember the hard stuff is worth it to have all the good memories. i <3 babies :)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Swaddle her, make a shhh sound in her ear while swaying her, and then feed her... Buy The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp. He is a miracle worker with colicky babies.
    Anonymous

• She hasn't aloud swaddling since her 1st month lol. Thank you for the advice everyone.
    JenniD1

Comment by JenniD1 (original poster) at 7:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011