S/O of Catching Husband Masterbating adult content

I noticed that many associate the word "disgusting" with masterbation and I am curious as to why. What is it that makes it "disgusting"? 

PS: I dropped this in relationships because I was not sure where else to put it ... 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 9:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Excuse me ladies... My vibrator is feeling lonely
    Gwenleona

Answer by Gwenleona at 4:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I am also not sure why people consider it disgusting... I mean yeah if a person does it in a disrespectful place ( like someone elses house) or constantly talks about it -- then I see it as disgusting...but other than that, I dont care if my husband does it, in fact sometimes i wish he would instead of poking me while I am trying to sleep.. I also happen to like it myself occasionally
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Im not sure i was wondering the same thing i dont find it disgusting at all!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't find maturbation disgusting. It is a natural part of life, even for married men and women. It's a great stress reliever.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• People often see their genitals and those of their spouses as gross. It's the American Way! It goes way back. Catholic, Church of England, Puritan, Victorian... all these influences have created us... a generation that wants so badly to liberate their sexuality and can't. The result is sexuality has become perverse, dirty... yet it runs rampant everywhere. We are a very messed up society.

Newsflash, ladies! Masturbation is normal and healthy, and no ones masturbatory experiences are "disgusting." And I feel bad for you if you feel that way :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• To me picking your nose and flicking the booger is disgusting. Masterbation is human nature. Like going to the bathroom it's not pretty nor does it smell the greatest but it's part of life.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Geez, I masterbate like twice a day lol.
    Anonymous

• Some people are just too uptight. It isn't disgusting, it's natural for crying out loud.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know. I think it's natural, nothing disgusting about that. But my mom thinks it is. I may have to ask her. My boys are boys and always have their hands down their pants. And she is always telling them it's gross.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• A lot of peolpe say its gross but everyone does it heck even kids by discovering their body. In all reality its normal not gross some people just don't like to discuse it its more safe cause it touching ones self. And oneself knows where one had been and who with. So people say its gross cause it belongs in the bed room
    tabbe

Answer by tabbe at 10:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011