Does anyone have tips for a single mother with twins??? I really need help!!!

I cant seem to get my sons on the same sleep schedule. they are only 3 weeks old. Am I rushing them??

Twins1win

Asked by Twins1win at 3:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I could help. I'm a single mom with twins too. But, one twin was in the hospital for the first two weeks, the other for four. I kept them to the hospital's schedule for a little bit, then fed them at the same time, which helped them sleep at around the same time. During the overnights, I'd wake one up at a time for feedings.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 5:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I would say you are rushing....because all babies are different...even twins...they'll probably be on their own schedules.....just try to lay em down at the same time...doing everything at the same time...that's about it...they'll get better....give em time....I know it's hard with one...can't imagine with 2....lol
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Do they sleep in the same crib? They might like that better rather than being separated since they were together inside mommy's womb.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Hang in there, sweetie. Three weeks is pretty early to expect them to be on schedule. I think mine were on the same schedule by about 5 or 6 weeks. Do you have anyone who can come and help you with the babies (either during the daytime or at night) to help you so you can get a little sleep??

It might help for you to take stock of how many activities you are trying to accomplish in your day. Your priorities are to take care of your babies and take care of yourself. This means forcing yourself to nap when they nap. There are many of weeks ahead to deal with laundry and dirty dishes. Right now, focus on basic needs: yours and the babies'. Eat, sleep, shower when you can and feed those babies. You will get through it. Take one day at a time. The newborn phase passes all too quickly. Congratulations and Good luck to you!
    bailey0919

Answer by bailey0919 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008