rebuilding my life

I need to get out of an abusive relationship does anyone know of any organizations and resources that are available down here in south florida.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• If you go to the police dept they can help you. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Contact your local YWCA. If tey don't have a safe house, they can get you in touch with one. No matter what, get away from him - it never gets better. I know from personal experince. It may feel like the hardest things to do - but you have to get out.
    Lynn3506

Answer by Lynn3506 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Go to your local courthouse. If you go to file a restraining order, there's always someone there to help and they will provide you with tons of information/resources. I finally got out of an abusive relationship to the man I was married to and I'm testifying against him next month, I've waited over a year for this trial to happen. Leaving him was the hardest but best thing I did in my life.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1 800 799 SAFE (7233), so call them and if you give them your location they can help you out too. Good luck and if you ever need anyone to talk to about it, msg me if you'd like.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2008