Party-planning, am i being a b-tch ?

My SIL made a "minnie mouse " party for her dd's 1st birthday last December. so if you knew me personally , you would know that i love Disneyland, so for my sons 1st birthday party i want it to be a "Mickey , remember Dreams do come true" theme and i am thinking of many fun things to do "craft wise" ...but i feel that i am being a bitch about the whole situation because my SIL did a sorry job with her decorations (not being mean) but also i am not great at crafts at all, i just dont want her to feel that i am copying her or competing with her . what should i do? . . All i want it a party my son will enjoy.

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 9:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• oh and sorry for any typos - or mispelled words ^_^
    psychobilly_mom

Comment by psychobilly_mom (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have the party that you want. How would giving him the party that you want be being a bitch?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• do what you want. if your son enjoys mickey mouse then make it mickey mouse. if she wants to make a scene about it than its her problem and she would be wayyyy over reacting.
    BethLinton

Answer by BethLinton at 10:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have your son's party exactly the way you want it. My twin girls wanted a hello kitty party for their 6th birthday and I didn't even think about my niece having the same theme a few years before that until your post. I hope my SIL realized I wasn't being a copycat or trying to compete. I bet your family won't give it a thought. Hope your little one has a great party!

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 11:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• thanks for the replies ladies!
    psychobilly_mom

Comment by psychobilly_mom (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2011