how old was your baby when his/her umbilical cord fell off?

my daughters came off yesterday (at 14days old). the whole thing didnt come off just the top piece, her belly button is still filled with the "stump". the same thing happened with my 1st baby. is that normal? i thought the whole thing was supposed to come out.

oOmomaliciousOo

Asked by oOmomaliciousOo at 7:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter's came off at five days pretty easily, i was happy lol. at her week dr appt there was a tiny bit of what i thought was the stub but her dr said it was just dried blood and she easily wiped it w/ an alcohol wipe (that's what i was using too before it fell off). don't worry though b/c what you said i hear happens a lot.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yeah, it will come off. Usually when they start kindergarten it's off. LOL! Just kiddin ya. My granddaughters did the same thing. I would say within the next couple of weeks it should all come out.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my baby was 18 days old he is now almost four weeks will be tuesday and still has a lil left inhis belly button.
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Its normal. There is nothing you have to worry about. The biggest part came off already you say? The rest will come off too. Just give it some time :)

My daughters fell off completely at 5days.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my daughter came off at 10 days
    tigernina

Answer by tigernina at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yeah, my son's did the same thing. It took two weeks for it all to come off, same with his circumcision.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my sons took 3 weeks....
    mz_kara808

Answer by mz_kara808 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my daughters did the same. some came off after just 4 days of birth, the rest fell out later.. probably a week later.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Exactly two weeks after she was born my daughter lost her stump. Literally, it fell off and we have no idea whatever happened to it!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My son's fell off at 10 days but sometimes it can take longer or not as long.
    mlmad21

Answer by mlmad21 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008