Good idea for school lunches ( to pack )

This will be my oldest childs first year of school so I am already planning everything lol... we already have her school clothes, already have her new bookbag and lunchbox...

They have to take their lunches for the first 2 weeks, after that they are able to buy, but alot of times she will still probably take her lunch...

The problem is, I dont know what to send as a decent meal.

peanut butter and jelly is the only type of sandwhich she likes and even then she just usually licks the stuff off of the bread , which of course doesnt fill her up... i also feel the same about those lunchable things... they are just a snack...

I mean i of course plan on packing other things along with the main thing and i will try to do different things each day ( like pudding, baby carrots, apple slices, etc ) ..

But I am looking for other ideas ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, summer break just started, I am not in the lunch packing mode. Try www.kraft.com there is a tab for brown bag lunches. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• id say sandwiches.. maybe some sort of wraps? mac an cheese? i used to have left overs like chicken and rice. fruits an veggies always make for a good thing to put in! oh geez this actually is kinda hard!! haha good luck :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You can get a good thermos and put soups or ravioli ect in her lunch box. However becareful if you send PB&J they band any peanut products from my girls school because several kids have a severe allergy to peanuts. I would check with the school before sending it. Maybe ask her what she want so take.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• if she's picky you could give her something like pediasure, not everyday tho. that would be easy. i give my son carnation instant breakfast for the extra nutrition cuz he's about a pound underweight. yogurt is a greatr snack if she likes it, trix is my son's fave. lunch meat & cheese roll-ups...salami & white american cheese is a tasty combo.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There is a cute video at http://www.easylunchboxes.com/ with a salsa beat that shows dozens and dozens of school lunch ideas, all neatly packed in their unique, affordable lunch box. Even though you have her lunchbox already, you can go there for ideas. Also talk with her, get her input. Ask her to list what her favorite fruits, vegetables, meats, breads, and dairy products are. You may have to repeat this quiz often, because young children's tastes change like the weather.
    Think beyond a sandwich, although there are hundreds of different ways to make a sandwich. What about sending sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, with a dollop of mayonnaise, a bunch of grapes, and some whole grain crackers? My granddaughter (age 4) likes that, except for the tomatoes.
    For meats, what about grilled chicken strips? turkey and cheese pinswheels (meat, cheese, tortilla, rolled up and sliced)? Egg salad or a hard-boiled egg? Sausage and cheese (cont
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• skewered on toothpicks? Make your own yogurt sundaes - buy bulk yogurt, and add your own treats. Much cheaper, and you don't get the high fructose corn syrup that's in most children's flavored yogurts.
    Add some sliced fruits and vegetables, maybe a treat or two, and some whole grain crackers, and you've got a great lunch!
    Most children seem to prefer their foods "not touching". Meaning, they may eat pasta separate, cheese separate, tomatoes separate, but turn up their noses at cheesy spaghetti hot dish. Some kids are different, and will eat whatever hot dish they are familiar with - what you have served them in the past.
    There are 137 photos of beautiful home-made school lunch ideas at that easylunchboxes website listed above. Have fun!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011