If I ask my four year old to hand me the blue crayon he quickly picks up the blue crayon and hands it to me but if I pick up the blue crayon and ask him what color it is he can't tell me has any one else seen this before?

He sometimes confuses white and black but always gets blue wrong.

RozeStudios

Asked by RozeStudios at 10:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We were having the same problem with purple and brown. Just keep working on it and he will show you that he can do it. When my DD was 18 mos everything was green and it didn't matter what color it was. The purple-brown issue has just resolved itself. I was going to talk to the dr about it next week at our check up but my concerns were nothing. Just be patient and keep reinforcing the correct color names.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think this is normal. Noah had a problem with yellow. If I said where is yellow he could point to it but when I asked him what it was he would say orange. We are in the alphabet now and he is doing the same things with a few letters. We just kept working with him and NEVER got frustrated (can't do that, it's discouraging) and he knows all of the colors, even the tints and shades of them now. Stay strong and don't get irritated. I know it's irritating, cuz your like omg come on you just it. Lol.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011