Has anyone's pc been infected with a virus from playing CM or FB games lately?

The reason I ask is...a friend sent me a Fishdom gift which I clicked on it...went to the game, clicked on a gift to send back to her and a Virus tried to attack my computer...I x'd out immediately and my Mcfee must have covered me.

I had forgotten when I had my laptop cleaned about a month ago(I had a horrible fake virus that even McFee couldn't detect), the pc tech told me not to play games on FB or other sites. I had forgotten all about that.

Has anyone else had a close call with a virus?
It looked like a "fake windows" virus ...Do I need to tell someone at CM that this happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Technology

• Yes it is out there, it gets in from your internet explorer from what I have read up on it.. It sneaks past your virus protection, disables it and uses windows to make you think it is real.. It is a scam, they want your money.. If you have vista, xp, 7 etc it will pop as that system and will take you to a fake site to buy a bogus software program to "get rid" of it but all it does is download the whole virus on your computer..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I got one from here several months ago..had to redo the whole computer. It sucked.
    Anonymous

• maybe we do need to say something. earlier today just clicking through CM my avast said something was blocked. I wasn't even on games.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oddly enough, we got one from the games on Cartoon Network.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• FB games did this to me.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh and I don't play games on either site, never have...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes, I had to spend $150 to have my laptop cleaned because of that same virus you are all talking about. Yes, it really stunk!
    That virus I've heard is rampant right now. I will send them(CM) an email about what happened and Thank You all very much for your answers!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• A few minnutes ago I got on cafemom answers and was just looking at the questions and I got a pop up from my virus protection saying something was blocked. I thought it was weird since I havent been on any other websites. I didnt think cafemom got viruses.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011