When you're on probation..do you have to pay for it?

Just wondering..my friend asked me if I could let her borrow money to help pay her probation. I never knew you had to pay for it? She said its $5000 is this true? She got probation for a DUI here in CA if that matters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Not actually for probation but for like dui fines.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yeah my brother has been paying his for over a year. I wouldn't give her the money the purpose is to teach her a lesson for whatever she did wrong. She should be able to pay in payments though.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes you pay resistution in most cases, it doesnt normally have to be in one lump sum though, most people pay it monthly when the go to see there probation officer.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yea my man owes over $2,000 for violation it was $4,000 but he's paid some off(domestic assault) he was on probation for drug paraphenelia & havin a couple lortabs. reee-fuckin-diculous!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• and they want to put him back in jail if he doesnt pay by august, that makes no sense at all, the laws in tn are so stupid. over half of murfreesboro is on probation
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• is it could have been for what she said if she pays it off then yes but if not in the state of ga you have to pay every month until it over
    KiMmOrElAnD1983

Answer by KiMmOrElAnD1983 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'm talking about the actual probation. Not fines for the DUI
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My husband hd to pay
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Last I knew, basic probation fees were around $60/month - not including fines or restitution for the crime(s). (Keep in mind, this was in FL in 2002)

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My sister has to pay for hers and has every time she has been on probation even as a teenager.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011