My daughter keeps getting lint tangled up in her hair!

She has really thin, curly, blonde hair and it's ALWAYS getting snarls in it. When you look closely, it's because of lint getting tangled up in there. Does this happen to anyone else's daughter? I have thin straight hair and hardly have to run a brush through my hair so I've never dealt with lint like this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry...I dont get it. Where is "lint" coming from? I have never heard of this happening.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My son is African-American and he has very tight naturally curlly hair. He gets all sorts of things in his hair. It can be quite noticable at times. I love his more natural 'fro we got goin' on but let me tell you, it isn't easy keeping the fuzz out of his hair. I have been tempted to take a lint brush over his hair but I never have. I just remind myself I love his georgeous hair when ever someone suggests it would be easier to maintain if it were cut down. No way. So I have a wide tooth comb that we carry with us - the widest I can find. I also have a very fine toothed comb to get out some fuzzies when necessary. My guess is curlly kids have trouble or at least more corse hair too in my son's case. I also have a good moisturizer I use. Here are some tips I do:
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• 1) I don't shampoo all the time. Curly hair in general you don't need to. But African-American hair is about once every two weeks. Read up on tips on curly hair cair on line.
    2) I use a leave in conditioner for kids in his hair along with a moisturizer that doesn't make his hair greasey but does leave it smooth and easier to comb through so I can get out all he fuzz, sand, and God knows what else throughout the day.
    3) Do a style that works well for her hair and your sanity. If her hair is long enough to braid and it looks good, you save time and frustration. Save the lint battles for things like special events and picture day. This way she isn't being driven crazy by you pulling on her hair and you aren't crazy by the things that end up in her hair.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thanks frogdawg!

I'm assuming the link comes from her mountain of blankets she won't part with at night. She's only 2 so I haven't cut her hair yet....but man is it tempting!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have the same issue, my five year old has thick curly blond hair down to her waist. It boggles me how long was getting tangled in her hair. I went to check on her one night and noticed that all her hair was pulled up under her head and she was moving her head back and forth in her sleep, I also noticed she twirls and plays with her hair. It's a pain to deal with but really the choices are to deal with it or cut their hair. I have found that with a separate shampoo and conditioner, it becomes really tangled, so I use pert plus, a detangler spray, and a detangler brush.
    TracyTietje

Answer by TracyTietje at 1:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2016