Creating webpages and maintaining them for business?

Do you know anyone who does this? What are their prices? Average monthly prices on one webpage?

I been doing it since freshman year of high school, Igraduated 2 years ago. So like 7 years.. I'm just starting as side work, and I was planning to charge $100 a month for one webpage, includes own domain, playlist, unliminted pages, pictures, etc... I will do weekly updates for a year on it as well..

Out of about 20 people, I had ONLY 2 tell me that was too expensive... ? I think it is a bit cheap considering all I am doing.. So just want a variety of people's opinions...? Don't be mean about it, but do be honest :) Thanks for the time.

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well, I charge a one time fee of $100 for a set up of unlimited pages (smaller packages for less as well) and $25 a month for unlimited updates. I think your update fee is pretty high, but most of my work is done for nonprofits and classrooms.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Mine is done for business... So maybe I should lower my monthly charge?
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• www.tiffanyswebanddesigns.com
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Honestly, I have people tell me $5 is too expensive for things. You are always going to get people like that.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There are just thousands of people doing websites and so many domain hosting sites that make it easy for the beginner to create their own pages that competition is way too tough. I maintain my own site and it's only $7 a month for all you listed above. So for either of my 2 businesses and DH's other site I personally would never pay so much, something like the $25 a month mentioned would be more around what I would consider paying
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• As far as costs go, it depends on your quality... check out other competitors prices and skill, and compare your work to them. If you are going to make this a full time business, you need to 'pay yourself' and figure out how many hours it takes you to do each site, whatever... and include an hourly wage in your total cost.

Make sense? Good luck.
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I paid $100 a month for my website when I owned my cafe, my site would come up on the first page, first or second listing, so I felt it was worth it. The business I own now I pay $24.99 a month to maintain.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 7:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011