Is Chemical Pregnancy considered a Miscarriage?

I have to admit (though it makes me feel stupid) that I had no idea what a chemical pregnancy was until a few minutes ago. I think I may be having one but Im not sure.
I had light spotting and took a test a few days later... POSITIVE
A few days later more spotting but heavier with some small clotting and BAD cramps. Took another test a few days later and it was negative. I tried to wait it out, and still, a week later, I am cramping and spotting. I expected that if it was a miscarriage, there would be heavy bleeding, and clots and dramatics and whatnot. This is nothing like that.
I don't know what to think, other than being sad. We've been TTC for 18+ months. Is this considered a miscarriage? (it certainly feels like one emotionally) Should I let my Dr. know next time she says, "Have you ever had any miscarriages?" Im just.... Stuck

bigmamabone

Asked by bigmamabone at 10:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would go ahead and make an apt with your OB to make sure everything is ok.. Also to make sure you are having a MC or if it is something else..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would call your ob and tell them what is going on. They may want to see you to make sure that everything is ok.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am guessing if it happened around the time of your period it wouldn't be much heavier than a normal period. That is the downside of technology... if not for the HPT's women would be blissfully unaware of chemical pregnancies - they would just think their period had come. (I think when I start TTC again I will try to resist the temptation to test early, for that reason.) Go to your doctor to be sure though. Tell her what you told us and maybe she can figure out f you were actually pregnant or not. Also, I don't know if you tested with a blue dye test or not -those tests can give false positives. Always use a First Response or Answer. I hope you get the answers you are looking for and that you get the baby you long for.
    Anonymous

• your doctor would do a blood test. They can test your levels.
    Anonymous

• To answer your question.. Yes it is considered to be a very early miscarriage..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am coping... planning on going to my OB Tuesday. Changed all my Signatures, and "Kid's" settings on my profile to show my "June Angel"... Even THAT helped a little. My main thing is... I don't want to grieve forever... but I don't want him to be forgotten!!! That was kind of a personal way to memorialize I guess.

ttc  Jason&Natalie <3 angel mini Jenna monkey Liam and angel My "June Angel"

bigmamabone

Comment by bigmamabone (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011