Why BRAXTON?

Why is this last name becoming popular as a first name? Who wants to be named after contractions? Hello... Braxton Hicks? Sorry, but this name makes my ears hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Baby Names

• I totally agree with you. I dont see why anyone would want to name their child after painful contractions! lol!
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lol...thats my moms dogs name... :) He was named when she got him.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i wouldnt name my baby it but i dnt see anything wrong wit it...and that wasnt a nice comment to make to the person who answered first...racist or not somethings can be taking the wrong way so to be nice we just shouldnt say them you kno...thats like saying no disrespect but your shoes are horrible or with all do respect youre an asswhole...just bc you say it doesnt mean anything its still rude
    Mummi2b19

Answer by Mummi2b19 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ok so what does the name monique mean? or syreeta? i don't understand why people think these names sound good.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i think Monique is French, but I agree that Syreeta is wonky.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My sons name is Braxten. I never had braxton hicks. And he was not named after it. Just like I'm sure people who named their son James didn't get it out of the bible, or who named their daughter Carrie got it from satc. I like his name. End of story. He isn't named after anyone, or anything.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am not a big fan of it, but it is a better name than others I've heard. Braxton Hicks isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear it. I think of Toni Braxton and her show Braxton Family Values.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Or Toni Braxton.....

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't like it for a girl, it sounds harsh on a girl I think.

.Saille.

Answer by .Saille. at 10:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Obviously no one names their kid Braxton because of the contractions. It is just what comes to mind when many of us hear it. That, and the fact it is normally a surname, which is a trend I could do without. I still can't believe anyone would find Braxton attractive as a first name. That is my opinion, you can have yours, and at the end of the day, our opinions won't change. Not everyone likes the same names.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2011