My son makes himself puke... normal?

my son lately has this thing of putting his finger(s) down his throat, and he ends up gagging himself till he pukes... my sister said he prolly has an itch in the back of his throat, but he does it all the time now... and it gets pretty disgusting esp. out in public.. please help!!!

Fudgemomma

Asked by Fudgemomma at 8:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 16 and a half months old and started doing this, I just started taking his fingers out telling him no and then ignoring it and a couple days later he stopped, btw I got the advise to do that from other moms here on cafemom
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i took my daughters fingers out of her mouth and always told her a "firm" no. and eventually she stopped. i noticed she only does it to get my attention and shes 15 months old. =/
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I take care of a little girl (2 years old) who would do this also at around 17 months old. She did it at home as well. Her mother and I did the same thing and she's no longer doing it. We also thought she was doing it to get attention.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I thought I was the only one with a child who does this. My son does it and he thinks it is funny he started doing it at 13 months old.
    mommatina091007

Answer by mommatina091007 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my 13month old dose the same thing no matter how many times i tell her not to she will do it any way some body told me that its just them finding out wjhat they can make themselfs do keep saying no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008