Just Read 30% of women who have a d&c become infertile?? What!

Now I'm really freaked. I'm supposed to have one tomorrow for a missed miscarriage and I'm honestly freaking out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Check your source, hon, I don't think that's right.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have had 2 I am fine. I did have a baby.
    Anonymous

• It's good that you are checking it out ... 30% would not surprise me, but I have no background with that procedure.
    I have ALWAYS viewed establishment medicine's handling of women with extreme suspicion ... we only learn AFTER THE FACT about the "normal" consequences of messing with us as if we were car engines or something:
    example 1: a hysterectomy USUALLY requires surgery every 5 - 7 years afterward to remove the fibrous scar tissue which becomes a problem - this from the doctor AFTER my mom had a hysterectomy.
    2: caesareans - the statistics for paralysis due to damaged nerves, for complications which threaten the life/health of the mother or the baby, are VERY alarming
    3: the x-ray and thalidomide stories teach an impressive and important lesson - don't trust it when you're told that a thing "is perfectly safe"

Very best wishes. If you have a careful, cautious doctor, then I'm sure they'll help you make the right choice.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would not believe that statistic. Could you site it? I have had four little ones since mine. I would make sure you are looking at a reputable source
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I had one after a miscarriage and a year later, like the first time I had sex, I got pregnant again. Don't worry.
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 11:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011