Is it true??

Okay my fiancee told me about how he KNOWS that the day my period stops is THE DAY I am the most fertile. I stopped, and that day we had sex. It was incredible and so indifferent than any other time. It is now four days after the fact, and for the past 4 days I have felt terrible. Abdominal pains, nausea, back pains, breast tenderness...Is that true? And when should I take a test to find out if pregnancy is the reason behind all of this?
Although I don't have any faith in getting pregnant, why is it that this is the only time that I have had a painful aftermath? We try VERY often, for months now!, and never have I felt this bad....

blueydblond

Asked by blueydblond at 8:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Absolutely untrue. Most women are their most fertile 14 days into thier cycle. Some vary of course. Also, it takes at least 10 days for things to "stick" so the symptoms are in your head.
    holykids

Answer by holykids at 8:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It's possible, every woman is different. You have to wait until you miss your next period to take a test.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It's not likely that you are pregnant. I agree with PP. You are probably having what is called a "hysterical pregnancy". This is when you want to be pregnant so badly that your mind convinces your body that you are and you start to get symptoms. Some women even start to lactate, but those are very severe cases.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Hate to tell him, but he's very wrong. Think about how the cycle works. You have just released an egg and shed it with your period. You need time for another one to travel down for fertilization to be possible.
    Count the first day of your bleed as day number one...keep counting the days until your next bleed starts. Then you'll know how many days are in your cycle. Aproximately 2 weeks before your period is when you'll be most fertile. This can very; however, if your periods are longer or shorter than usual.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• One way to know when your fertile is by checking your cervical mucous. Right after your period, you'll notice you have very little or no cervical mucous. After that, you'll see a tacky, sticky type of secretion. Then, it will be creamy and white. You may start your fertile stage here, but you're even more fertile when the mucous hits it's next stage - thin, stretchy, clearish - very much like raw egg white. It should stretch between two fingers.
    Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• WTF??? WHY DON'T WOMEN KNOW THEIR BODIES MORE?????????????????
    HOW CAN SOMEONE NOT KNOW WHEN THEY OVULATE OR AT LEAST HAVE A DAMN GOOD IDEA????
    Anonymous

• Best not to take fertility advice from a man who isn't professional in the field...never mind that it is your body and you should know more than him. I'd say it is extremely unlikely that you are pregnant, but anything is possible. Don't test until you miss your period. Even when you do conceive you won't have symptoms until the egg implants and starts to release the hormone hcg. That doesn't happen until around day 7 or so. So 4 dpo would be too soon to know anything. The egg wouldn't even be implanted in the uterus yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you've been trying for a while now, it is possible you are pregnant from a previous 'attempt' and just now feeling the effects... how was your 'period'? If it was different than normal, it could have not been your period at all - possibly implantation or other bleeding. Some women do continue to have periods while pregnant, only they aren't real periods.
    Take a test if you are curious. If it's neg, wait a week or two and try again. OR go get a blood test done to be sure.
    Good luck.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008